As long-term volunteers in prison and jail ministries, we have seen first-hand the lack of resources available to returning citizens- especially women. While working with women who were soon to be released, we realized their battles were far from over. Many of the women expressed great fear of returning to a life in their former environment. We experienced the sadness of seeing some of the ladies returning to the correctional system.
Sanctified Hope Home for Women provides a safe, learning environment for women who have recently been released from prison. Through a 12-18 month Christ-centered program, women journey to freedom and success. They will participate in Bible-based discipleship training, vocational classes, job training, volunteer programs, which will then lead to full-time employment.
Impact of Program:
Qualitative Impact on Participants
- Gain Godly wisdom to make good decisions
- Feel a stronger sense of social connectedness
- Gain self-confidence
- Feel a greater sense of self-worth and become more optimistic
- Learn valuable skills through educational opportunities and job training
- Learn to become a leader
- Make progress towards self-sufficiency
- More equipped to meet life challenges
- Learn to live in peace and harmony with others
- Become productive tax-paying citizens